Watch these classic public information films from the 1970s, which continued to be shown for many years after and are remembered by generations of kids.
Firework Safety: Bandage
Fireworks Safety : Recipe
Firework Safety: Bangers
Firework Safety: Sparklers
UK firework safety code
Children should watch fireworks at a safe distance and follow the safety rules for using sparklers.
Only adults should light fireworks and deal with firework displays. Make sure you dispose of used fireworks safely.
Follow these safety guidelines at your firework display:
- Only buy fireworks that comply with British Standard 7114 or its European equivalent. Instructions should be in English.
- Don’t drink alcohol if you’re lighting fireworks.
- Keep fireworks in a closed box.
- Follow the instructions on each firework and be sure they’re suitable for home use.
- Light fireworks at arm’s length using a taper.
- Stand well back.
- Never go near a firework that has been lit. If it hasn’t yet gone off, it could still explode.
- Never throw fireworks or put them in your pocket.
- Always supervise children around fireworks.
- Light sparklers one at a time and wear gloves.
- Don’t give sparklers to children under five years old.
- Keep pets indoors.
Some more old public information films
Joining The Motorway
More Top Links – Click Below
Classic Video Games
Please follow and like us on: